In accordance with the event logistics definition, event logistics is the science of planning, controlling and managing the transfer, storage and other tangible and intangible operations performed in the process of event planning and management. This also includes the transmission, storage and processing of information. Let’s see what does event logistics include and the importance of event logistics over all.
Event logistics management
When planning the logistics behind any event, as well as its implementation and control, careful organisation that considers the aspects of each program and place of stay are critical to the success of the event. Possible changes should be quickly integrated into the overall plan. That is why it’s necessary to “foresee the unforeseen” and be able to quickly find an optimal solution. The following elements should always be considered:
- Venue logistics
- Warehousing & Distribution
- Delivery Management & Loading Schedules
- Traffic management
- Asset tracking, freight & bump-out logistics, etc.
Our solution offers well-adjusted logistics of an event, which include the following:
- Reservation of air and railway tickets in all directions;
- Organisation of all types of transfers: group, individual, VIP;
- A procedure for the accelerated placement and departure of delegations in hotels;
- Registration of participants, provision of event materials;
- Accompanying groups during the event;
- Round-the-clock informational support for participants;
- Top-notch element planning & management platforms;
- Fast and seamless check-in and data processing;
- Analytics and so much more.
We are happy to provide you with all the necessary information about our services so that you can plan the most suitable and cost-effective logistics solution in keeping with the event logistics meaning.
Tips & importance of event logistics
Here are some useful event logistics tips and time management tools that consistently bring positive results:
Planning is a key aspect in event logistics management. When making a plan, keep in mind that it must be reasonable, as your efficiency depends on it.
2. Set specific goals and objectives
Correctly describe your goal, which is not always an easy task. Special time-management techniques can help with this. Distinguish between goals and objectives. Goals are ambitious and common. To achieve a goal, you need to “split” it into more specific and local tasks or objectives.
For example, imagine that you need to organise an event. Your goal is “to organise it on time within the approved budget”. Achieving this goal consists of performing specific tasks:
- Selection and coordination of the website,
- Selection and coordination of the invitees,
- The choice of venue and the organisation of entertainment.
After you have broken the main goal into separate tasks, clearly formulate them. Use the SMART solutions for this:
An example of a SMART objective is: “Increase online sales in Singapore by the end of 2018 by 25%”.
4.Fix plan of action
Record tasks and goals of the logistics of an event on paper or in an electronic planner.
What if the task list is very large? What should you do immediately and what should you postpone? Examine the entire list and prioritise each case. Consider using time management tools for this prioritisation task.
Even the best plan can fail, so how can you implement what was planned without any problems? Use quality support!
7.Focus on the task
To achieve your desired results in event logistics management, focus on one task and discard the minor ones. What is the best way to do this? Ask the professionals!
When delegating, people are often afraid that the designated person will not cope with the task or will perform it poorly. Such an approach will not allow your subordinates to improve. Delegate unimportant but urgent matters and cooperate clearly with subordinates. Trust them. This will free up your time and motivate other employees!
9.Clean up your email
Chaos in your mailbox slows down work: you have to re-read messages several times, take excess time finding the right things, get distracted by advertising. To avoid this, use automated event planning systems. Configure the folders and filter your email service to best organise the information.
Control and limit your time for work and play.
Other offline & online services or event logistics checklists may also include:
- support service and consulting
- dispatch coordination
- packing and loading
- transportation services
- specialised transportation
- Express Mail
- sorting in place
- delivery to the exhibition stand
- personal service
- storage of empty transport packages
- shipping control
- transport insurance
- flights, organisation of charter flights
- railway charters: saloon / disco / conference halls
- hotel booking, through global systems and local partners
- excursion programs
- transport and other transfers
- visa support, etc.
Logistics is all about organisation and control. Discover more about the event logistics definition, learn pro tips and tools, and get ahead!
The tools and practices of time and event management are not universal; they must be adapted for specific people and situations. That is why we offer a personalised approach to each client. Everyone has their own “time eaters” and makes their own mistakes in event logistics and time management. Contact us, discover more about what are event logistics and fix your mistakes to achieve maximum success when it comes to event logistics.
Feel free to leave your comments below!