If you look at the landscape of event technology today, you’ll see a bouquet of opportunities that can help automate the experiences of an event manager and event attendees. Digital widgets and apps, online ticketing solutions, beacons, VR and AR apps, chatbots – they all make event management solutions smarter than ever before.
What is a SMART event?
SMART events are the events that utilize the integration of the most progressive technology solutions like big data analytics, artificial intelligence, and virtual reality into the event planning strategy. Basically, these are the growth-driven events that keep pace with the progress of the vibrant technologies and are set on the optimization of attendance experiences, as well as the automation of the planning stages. The choice whether to stay where you are or go SMART is totally up to you, but the current trends indicate that the growing importance of event tech prepares the promising changes for the future of the industry.
The pros and cons of using SMART event technology
So, how should we treat the changes in the modern event management toolkit? Some event experts are truly fascinated, the others – wary of what lies ahead. Let’s analyze the major pros and cons of SMART event technology to help you find the right answers:
- Personalization. SMART technology gives event managers tools for predicting the expectations of the guests. Targeted social media ads, segmentation, real-time interaction at events, and behavior tracking turns personalization into nuts and bolts of event management processes.
- Consolidation. With the assistance of one-stop platforms for event management, there’s no need for having hundreds of channels and services at your fingertips anymore. The tools like a SMART event dashboard help event managers keep control of all processes from one device.
- Security. Although some experts are still sceptic about the security of data with online event platforms, the high-quality cloud services that comply with cybersecurity standards, won’t let you down.
- Speed. Time-efficiency is the second name of SMART event technology. With the automation of the registration processes, marketing & PR campaigns, and interaction channels, both event planners and attendees avoid exhausting time waste on the stages of planning, realization, and evaluation.
- Analytics. The capabilities for big data analysis grow and expand over the time. The use of a reporting tool and survey services, as well as advanced analytics modules helps to know the inside out of event experiences. Monitor, calculate, and sharpen your approach in future.
- Engagement. VR and AR let event attendees immerse in the new world, see what the others can’t see, and admire the beauty of visual effects. The apps for real-time interaction gives event guests the feeling of involvement and connection with the event agenda. These are the perks that will make event attendees stay at the venue.
- Partnerships. Events facilitated with fancy tech tools attract attention. Quite often they attract the attention of people who can fall in love with your strategy and turn into reliable partners. Gain SMART event sponsorships by automating your event experiences!
- Coverage. The online solutions for networking, Q&A interaction, and branded chatbots can really elevate the experiences of attendees. But what if not everyone downloads an app or someone doesn’t really understand how to use it? This will automatically lead to exclusion, misunderstandings, and negative impressions.
- Breaches. Reliable as it is, technology still has the habit of breaking down. The possibilities of Internet breaches or hardware deficiencies are hard to get around.
- Isolation. Some event attendees simply don’t want to interact online at events or pass self-registration. They want the human touch, empathy, a real contact to a collocutor. This is the point where tech automation loses its values in the eyes of event guests.
The future of SMART events
Considering the accelerating speed of event tech progress, the future promises us the whole range of engaging adventures. Here are some predictions that offer us a journey into the future of SMART event management:
- People discovery. The development of new modules for networking predicts: we’ll have the new event Tinder in future. Quite possibly, the innovative apps or even social media platforms for finding people at events will be widely used.
- No check-in personnel. This is one of the most obvious conclusions: we don’t need people to guide attendees through registration and event check-in. With the SMART event checkpoint technology that embraces facial recognition, fingerprint check-in, and bracelet integration, the event personnel won’t have to be bothered about letting people in.
- Virtual spaces for events. The evolving tech tools reveal that it’s actually possible to organize memorable events without wasting resources on venues, hardware, and other elements of physical events. Virtual space is obviously going to host many more events in the future.
How can you use SMART events
SMART events are not only the results of tools’ use, they’re also effective tools that help businesses reach their big goals. Check out how you can use SMART events to generate benefits:
- Showcase the brand. When you attract people to an event, you attract them to a brand or product that you have to showcase. The use of tech at SMART events helps you build publicity and turn a client company into an industry leader.
- Promote cybersecurity. There’s a huge number of tech solutions that align logging, monitoring and reporting to facilitate top-notch event analysis. By demonstrating your expertise through SMART events, you nurture the ideals of cybersecurity, which is increasingly important in the age of data vulnerability.
- Encourage sustainable behavior. SMART events leverage numerous greening strategies that promote the values of sustainability through enforcing recycling and reuse activities. By organizing such events you tell the world that memorable events can be set up in the conditions that don’t damage the global environment.
Who needs SMART events?
SMART events are definitely win-wins for all stakeholders. Have a look at the major SMART event evangelists:
- Event managers. SMART dashboards and one-stop services turn an event manager into a proud multitasker, who still manages to get enough sleep at night.
- Event attendees. Digital technology is a reliable assistant for event guests because it takes care of check-in automation, networking, and engaging entertainment experiences.
- Event sponsors. Top-quality events attract sponsors, who believe that smart investments relate to SMART events.
- Event speakers. If you’re a keynote speaker at a SMART event, it means your performance is live streamed, people get a chance to connect to you in real-time, and the posts with your quotes are likely to go viral on social media. Who wouldn’t love that?
If you want to add tech automation and the status of “SMART” to your event strategy, don’t hesitate to contact us and we’ll show you the way.